Spain

Spain

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

12-hour bus ride to southern Spain!

Greetings from Sevilla! I left Oviedo at 7:30 a.m. on an ALSA bus and, 12 hours later, I arrived in Sevilla. When I left Oviedo this morning it was chilly and raining, and when I arrived in Sevilla it was sunny and hot. I think the high here today was in the upper 90s, and I'm sure tomorrow will be about the same.

It was interesting to see Spain's countryside today as we traveled from north to south. When I wasn't watching one of the three movies that the movies the bus driver was playing, I was busy looking out the window. This morning, in northern Spain, there were mountains all around. As we drove south that landscape suddenly changed to plains. The sun came out and the temperature increased as we made our way to Andalucia.


I arrived at my hotel around 8:30 p.m. I'm staying close to Sevilla's Catedral and Giralda, which I plan to visit tomorrow. I'll write more about these places, as well as Sevilla, after I get a chance to explore a little bit tomorrow.
Look for an update tomorrow evening, as well as some pictures.


Buenas noches!
--Justin
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment